Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chapter 11


Literary Luminary:
Page 102 paragraph 4. I picked this passage because the thought of Jem being the hot-headed one is weird.
Page 103 paragraph 2. I chose this as a lead on from the passage I picked before. Jem never seemed bothered by what people would say and now he's beating up his on sister because of it.
Page 107 paragraph 2. This tells me that Mrs. Dubose is really old and almost helpless.
Page 112 last paragraph. I was surprised when Jem threw the box away and I just couldn't tell wether he was sad, dissapointed or angry.


Picture:
Mrs Dubose dies in this chapter(though I find it kind of sad because I thought that she would have lived longer) after two months. She was very ill and was going through terrible pain and would die soon so her doctor had prescibed to her morphine as a pain killer. She grew addicted to it but wanted to stop using it before she died. This caused her to have fits because her body needed the drug since she was addicted to it.
This image looks like the person has died of drug overdose but I picture it as Mrs Dubose having already let go of her drugs(morphine) just before she passed away.



No comments:

Post a Comment