Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chapter 12


Literary Luminary:
Page 116 paragraph 1. I chose this passage because it reminded me that Francis said that Dill doesn't really live in Meridian so it makes me think more and more about it.
Page 118 paragraph 1. I chose this paragraph because it made me think about how segregated it was that what black would use as a church is where the white people would gamble.
Page 118 paragraph 3. I chose this paragraph because I liked the way how she described the room and how it smelled and looked
Page 119 paragraph 2. This paragraph showed me it was segregated with both sides having an opinion but since Scout father was helping Tom Robinson they were welcomed by the other church members.


Picture:

When Calpurnia goes to a negro church with Jem and Scout. But the trio is confronted by a rather mean, unwelcoming woman called Lula, who is a black woman. She says that Jem and Scout don't belong because they are white. But never the less Calpurnia stands her ground and says that they all beleive in the same god.
This image shows a huge dog, that represents Lula, towering over a smaller dog(Calpurnia)
and two cats(Jem and Scout). The big dog is confronting them because they are of different species. But the smaller dog looks up at the bigger dog without fear. This image reminds of the church scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment