Monday, February 22, 2010

Chapter 4


Summary:
Chapter 4 is about how Dill comes back. When he comes back, they had no school that day. Jem told him about the Radleys and how Mrs. Radley had money and was beautiful before she married Mr. Radley. Jem continued by saying that Mrs. Radley has no finger because of her son Boo, he bit it off because he didn’t find any more squirrels and cats. Then Jem said that they can play the game of being the Radleys, so they did.

Literary Luminary:
Page 37 paragraph 1. I chose this passage because I like Jem's strong belief in the "Hot Steams"and that he's sort of trying to scare Dill and Scout. Page 36 paragraph 1. I liked the way Scout said that Dill way someone really glorious just for the things many people do casually these days. Page 35 paragraph 5. I chose this passage because it was something else that sort of contributed to the "Maycomb Code"and it was telling the things that is okay to do and show a contrast with it. Page 41 last paragraph. I chose this passage because I liked the way Scout said what she heard and didnt't move it made me think about what I would do if that happend to me in that time.

Picture: This is Dill, Jem and Scout playing as the Radleys. Jem is Mr. Radley,Dill is Boo Radley and Scout is the once beautiful Mrs. Radley. Their little play shows the kids point of view of the Radleys. Maybe exaggerated but interesting because it shows the innocence of children.


No comments:

Post a Comment